This vegan walnut pâté is a deliciously easy canapé you can rustle up quickly this Christmas. It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and can easily be made a day in advance. Serve it on sliced baguette or blinis for a tasty nibble your guests will love.
- 37.5 37.5 g walnuts
- 75 75 ml water
- 1 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1.25 1.25 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.25 1.25 Tbsp soy sauce (unsweetened)
- 0.25 0.25 tsp miso paste
- 0.15 0.15 tsp garlic powder
- 0.15 0.15 tsp onion powder
- 0.15 0.15 tsp smoked paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend for a couple of minutes until you get a very smooth paste.
- Then pour the mix into a pan on high to medium heat and heat up. Make sure you stir constantly so it doesn’t burn. After a while the mixture will change consistency and turn into a paste. Cook for a couple of minutes longer and then transfer it to a flat dish. Pat down and even out with a spoon so you get a smooth surface.
- Let set in the fridge for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Serve on toasted baguette.
This article contains affiliate links.