Sometimes only a really rich, dark chocolate truffle will hit the spot when you fancy something chocolatey. Luckily these vegan chocolate orange truffles are quick and easy to make yourself at home.
5-ingredient chocolate orange truffles
Recipe by Mimie (www.mimiesdelicacies.com)
- 150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa minimum)
- 80g oats (finely ground)
- 200g can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In your food processor, pulse the oats until they are finely ground.
- Put the coconut milk into a saucepan on a medium heat. Do not let it boil and stop just before it reaches boiling point.
- Pour the coconut milk over the dark chocolate and whisk until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the orange zests and salt (if used).
- Wait until the chocolate cools a little, then add to the food processor with the oats.
- Blend until all combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and dust with cocoa powder. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before eating.
Best kept in the fridge.
Original recipe here.
This article contains affiliate links.
About the author
Hi, I’m Mimie (nickname given to me by my dad)! I am a French girl living in London and with Mimie’s Delicacies I want to share my love for baking, or more precisely my love for baking French Vegan Desserts! I wanted to create vegan recipes because I believe that if baking made me feel good inside it should also make me feel good on the outside, be better for my health, good for the environment and the animals too!