This vegan chocolate orange cake is incredibly dense and rich, with a similar texture to a really good brownie. The fresh orange slices on top give a lovely zesty kick that pairs beautifully with the dark chocolate.
Vegan chocolate orange brownie cake
Recipe by Zhoro Apostolov
- 250g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 250ml water
- 200ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g walnuts
- 20g hazelnuts
- 20g almonds
- 1 large orange
- 50g of vegan dark chocolate
- Pinch of cinnamon powder (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (push them through a sieve first, so you get rid of any lumps).
- Add the water, oil and the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the nuts and stir through to combine.
- Transfer the cake into a baking tin and bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool down before melting the dark chocolate and spreading it on top
- Finish the cake with the orange slices and some cinnamon.