Vegan Chocolate Fudge Doughnuts Recipe
Chocolatey, coconutty, fudgy goodness in one delicious recipe! We cannot get enough of these heavenly vegan chocolate fudge doughnuts, especially as they’re made with a whole host of lovely, healthy ingredients.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Although these doughnuts might look decadent, they’re actually made with wholesome ingredients and are entirely gluten-free!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- For the vegan chocolate fudge doughnuts:
- 8 8 g cocoa powder
- 14 14 g coconut sugar
- 0.6 0.6 Tbsp buckwheat flour
- 0.4 0.4 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 0.4 0.4 tsp coconut flour
- 0.2 0.2 tsp baking powder
- 25 25 ml coconut water
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla, to taste
- For the chocolate fudge glaze:
- 16 16 ml coconut water
- 0.6 0.6 Tbsp raw virgin coconut oil
- 0.8 0.8 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 7 7 g coconut sugar
- Few drops liquid stevia, to taste
- Desiccated coconut, for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 180C/356F
- Firstly, make the vegan chocolate fudge doughnuts. Add the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Then, stir everything together until evenly mixed. Next, add in the coconut water and vanilla and mix everything together until smooth, using a whisk.
- When the mixture is smooth, pour the doughnuts into 5 doughnut moulds, almost filling each of them. Then, transfer the doughnuts into the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes, until the tops are firm to touch. When the doughnuts have baked, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- While the doughnuts cool, make the fudgy glaze. Add the coconut water and coconut oil into a pan, and place onto a low-medium heat. Stir together, and allow the mixture to melt (it will look separated). Then, add in the cocoa powder and stir it into the mixture until smooth and fudgy. When this is done, remove the mixture from the heat, and add in the coconut sugar and stevia. Stir together until the sugar has dissolved into the mixture. Then, place it back on the heat, and stir together for about 1 minute to thicken slightly. Then, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Next, remove the doughnuts from their moulds. Then, one at a time, dip them into the fudgy glaze to cover the top half of the doughnuts. When this is done, spoon the remaining glaze on top of each doughnut to give a thick, generous, covering. Lastly, sprinkle with some desiccated coconut. Then, set the doughnuts aside somewhere cool for a couple of hours for the frosting to set – or enjoy warm.
Looking for more vegan baking recipes that are also free from gluten?
Here are our favourite vegan and gluten-free baking recipes!