Vegan Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Fancy a sweet snack? These vegan chocolate chip oat cookies are super easy to make! Boasting the perfect balance between crunch and chewiness, they make a moreish midmorning treat.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
When you need a little pick-me-up, there are few things nicer than freshly baked cookies. Many shop-bought cookies contain cow’s milk, so have a go at making your own using dairy-free chocolate chips and vegan butter. Then all you need is a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate to go with them…
Where can I buy vegan chocolate chips?
Luckily for us, we now live in a world where things like vegan chocolate chips are widely available. Hurrah! You can find them in the baking or free-from aisles of larger supermarkets or online. It’s also worth checking at your local health food store.
Of course, if you don’t have any vegan chocolate chips to hand, you can always chop up pieces of dark, milk or even white vegan chocolate and add those to the cookie mixture instead.
But you don’t have to use chocolate chips! Take a look at a few of our ideas below, all of which are vegan-friendly and super delicious…
Alternative cookie flavours
• Dried raspberries – you can buy these in the baking aisles of larger supermarkets.
• Raisins – these go really well with oats and add an extra chewiness!
• Chopped pecans – why not drizzle the top with vegan caramel sauce to finish them off?
• Peanut butter – simply swirl some into the mixture instead of adding chocolate chips
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 10.416666666667 10.416666666667 g dairy-free butter
- 12.5 12.5 g soft brown sugar
- 0.083333333333333 0.083333333333333 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 0.16666666666667 0.16666666666667 1/2 tbsp hot water
- 0.083333333333333 0.083333333333333 tsp vanilla extract
- 12.5 12.5 g plain flour
- 12.5 12.5 g oats
- 8.3333333333333 8.3333333333333 g dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Then, in a large bowl cream together the dairy-free butter and soft brown sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Next, add the ground flax mixture and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour, oats and chocolate chips and mix into a dough.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and roll 3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball. Place onto the tray and flatten slightly.
- Repeat this with all of the mixture, being sure to leave gaps as the cookies will spread.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes – the cookies should start to set and brown on the edges, but will still be soft.
- Leave the cookies for 10 minutes to cool down (as they will be too soft and will break if you move them too quickly).
- Once they are set, you are good to go!
Each 57g cookie provides: 12g Fat, 3.7g Saturates, 35g Carbohydrate, 15g Sugars, 3g Fibre, 4g Protein, 0.19g Salt.
Still in need of a sweet treat? Discover more of our delicious vegan cookie recipes!