Vegan Chocolate and Maple Fondant Recipe
An indulgent melt in the middle vegan chocolate and maple fondant is the ultimate crowd-pleasing vegan dessert. Serve it warm from the oven and watch as the soft chocolate centre oozes out as you cut it open.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Looking for an impressive vegan dessert that will wow your dinner party guests? Although it might look like it would be difficult to make, this vegan chocolate and maple fondant takes just 30 minutes to make using easy-to-find ingredients.
With a melting chocolate centre, it’s pure bliss served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 15 15 g dairy-free spread
- 15 15 g maple sugar
- 0.25 0.25 banana
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate flavour)
- 7.5 7.5 g dark chocolate
- 15 15 ml almond milk
- 15 15 g self-raising flour
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Prepare your ramekins or tins by brushing them with a flavourless vegetable oil then dust with cocoa powder.
- Cream together the dairy free spread and maple sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add in the mashed banana and maple syrup and beat well.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Place 4 tsp of the mixture on to a small plate and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until they are just starting to firm up.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 356F / gas mark 4.
- Next, fold in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla paste to the remaining cake mixture.
- Half fill each of the ramekins / tins with the cake mix.
- Place the almost frozen cake mix into the centre of each ramekin/tin.
- Cover over with the remaining cake mix.
- Put the ramekins/tins in the oven and bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the tops look set but when the pan is shaken, they have a slight wobble to them.
- Remove them from the oven and give them a minute or two to cool slightly.
- Run a spatula round the edge of the pan and turn them out on to the plate.
- Serve with your choice of plant-based ice cream or pouring cream and fresh fruit.
Does the thought of vegan desserts make your mouth water?
Feast your eyes on these stunningly indulgent vegan dessert recipes!