Although you might not think it, chickpea flour makes a fantastic replacement for eggs in dishes such as vegan omelettes. Give it a try in this simple vegan chickpea omelette recipe that's perfect for a satisfying lunch.
This vegan omelette recipe is perfect for a wholesome lunch or even a savoury breakfast. It's healthy, gluten-free and vegan and you can customise it to your liking using whatever veggies you have to hand. We'd also recommend using a little pinch of black salt will give this vegan chickpea omelette an eggy flavour.
- 100 100 g silken tofu
- 35 35 g chickpea flour
- 0.5 0.5 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 0.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2.5 2.5 Tbsp water
- 0.125 0.125 tsp garlic powder
- 0.125 0.125 tsp onion powder
- 0.125 0.125 tsp mustard powder
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 0.25 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 0.25 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of turmeric (for colour)
- Cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients (except cooking spray) and stir well.
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray well with cooking spray.
- Pour ¾ cup or half the batter into the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until the top appears mostly dry. Carefully flip.
- While omelet cooks for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side, add vegan cheese to ½ the surface area.
- Layer on suggested filling ingredients on top of cheese.
This vegan chickpea omelette recipe features in the Angela’s Plant Based Kitchen cookbook
Looking for more tasty vegan lunch recipes?