Although you might not think it, chickpea flour makes a fantastic replacement for eggs in dishes such as vegan omelettes. Give it a try in this simple vegan chickpea omelette recipe that’s perfect for a satisfying lunch.
This vegan omelette recipe is perfect for a wholesome lunch or even a savoury breakfast. It’s healthy, gluten-free and vegan and you can customise it to your liking using whatever veggies you have to hand. We’d also recommend using a little pinch of black salt will give this vegan chickpea omelette an eggy flavour.
- 100 100 g silken tofu
- 35 35 g chickpea flour
- 0.5 0.5 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 0.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2.5 2.5 Tbsp water
- 0.125 0.125 tsp garlic powder
- 0.125 0.125 tsp onion powder
- 0.125 0.125 tsp mustard powder
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 0.25 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 0.25 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of turmeric (for colour)
- Cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients (except cooking spray) and stir well.
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray well with cooking spray.
- Pour ¾ cup or half the batter into the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until the top appears mostly dry. Carefully flip.
- While omelet cooks for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side, add vegan cheese to ½ the surface area.
- Layer on suggested filling ingredients on top of cheese.
This vegan chickpea omelette recipe features in the Angela’s Plant Based Kitchen cookbook
Looking for more tasty vegan lunch recipes?
Try these 10 tasty vegan sandwiches for healthy lunches that aren’t falafel!