Vegan Chicken & Mushroom Pie with Leeks
This vegan chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks couldn’t be simpler to make! It’s ready to eat in under an hour and full of flavour.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
This vegan chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks is perfect for when you want a hearty vegan meal packed with flavour and texture.
Simply use your favourite vegan chicken pies and grab a roll of pre-made vegan-friendly puff pastry and you’ll have a delicious savoury vegan pie on the table in under an hour.
To make this vegan chicken pie even more delicious, add a dollop of Marmite and English mustard along with the stock. They give this vegan pie a rich, umami flavour and make this easy vegan dinner so moreish.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 50 50 g leeks
- 62.5 62.5 g mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 0.5 garlic cloves, grated/crushed
- A few sprigs of thyme - leaves only
- 0.25 0.25 pack of Future Farm Vegan Chick’n
- 0.125 0.125 tsp English mustard
- 125 125 mk vegetable stock
- 0.25 0.25 tsp Marmite
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp cornflour
- 0.25 0.25 x 320g sheet of shortcrust pastry
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp plant milk (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the oil into a large heavy based saucepan and add the leeks and mushrooms. Sautee for 6-8 minutes until softened and the mushrooms and leeks have visibly shrunk down and any water in the pan has evaporated.
- Add the grated garlic cloves and thyme leaves and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the Chick’n, mustard, vegetable stock and Marmite and mix well to combine.
- Take 2 tablespoons of liquid out of the pan and mix with the cornflour in a small bowl. Add the cornflour mixture back into the pan and bring to a boil. Season well and turn off the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish and nestle in a pie whistle / pie funnel if you have one.
- Roll the pastry sheet over the pie mixture, trim off any excess and pinch or ‘crimp’ the edges. If you don’t have a pie whistle, make two small slits in the pastry, towards the centre of the pie, to allow steam to escape.
- For the full British experience; serve with garden peas, mash and lashings of gravy!
In need of healthy vegan dinner recipes that don’t take hours to make?
Check out these flavoursome vegan curry recipes!