‘Chicken’ & Spinach Pappardelle
This meat-free midweek meal is an impressive looking dish that is ready in under 30 minutes. With meat-free chicken pieces, toasted pine nuts and a creamy sauce, this vegan chicken pasta is great for feeding the whole family, whether they’re vegan or not.
One of the best things about vegan these days is that even if you still enjoy the taste of meat but gave it up for ethical reasons, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy some of your old favourites – vegan style!
Like Chicken Bites are a 100% plant-based, organic and gluten-free alternative to chicken, made from soya beans. Rich in protein and fibre, Like Chicken Bites are perfect for making plant-based meals the whole family will enjoy. Eat what you like – like what you eat!
- 0.5 0.5 (180 g) Like Chicken Bites from LikeMeat
- 100 100 g dry pasta, for example pappardelle – cooked al dente
- 150 150 g frozen whole spinach leaves, defrosted and drained of water
- 1 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 1.5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 0.25 0.25 glass of white wine
- 0.5 0.5 small handful of pine nuts
- 100 100 ml plant-based cream (oat, soy, almond – whichever is your favourite)
- 0.5 0.5 handful of fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated plant-based parmesan style cheese, for serving
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until golden, but be careful as they burn easily. Set aside for later.
- Fry the garlic in a little olive oil, add the LikeMeat Like Chicken and fry for about 5 minutes at medium heat. Add the white wine and let half of it reduce.
- Add the spinach, basil and plant-based cream. Stir so that the creamy mix covers the spinach. Add the al dente cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with grated plant-based parmesan cheese and the toasted pine nuts.
LikeMeat is available in the chilled vegan aisle in Tesco.