Creamy, ‘cheesy’, garlic mashed potatoes – so good they’ll steal the limelight from the main dish!
Cheesy garlic mashed potatoes
Serves 2-4 | Prep 15 mins | Cook 15 mins | Calories 207 (per serving)
- 600g (1lb 4 oz) baking potatoes, peeled, diced
- 80ml (3½fl oz) Oatly Oat Cream
- 3 tbsp vegan buttery spread
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cover the potatoes with water in a large pan. Place the pan over a medium-high heat, bring to a boil, then cook for about 15 minutes until soft.
- While the potatoes cook, add the oat cream, dairy-free spread, yeast flakes, garlic, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- When the potatoes have cooked, remove them from the heat and drain. A spoonful at a time, press the potatoes through a ricer (or use a masher) into the mixing bowl. Stir all the ingredients together until completely smooth.
- Scoop the finished mashed potato mixture into a bowl, or onto plates to serve.