Cheese-Stuffed Big Daddy Burger
Bite into this epic vegan burger and you'll discover a surprise melt-in-the-middle centre oozing with vegan cheese.
- 0.4 0.4 packages 200g ground seitan
- 25.6 25.6 g whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 0.4 0.4 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 15.6 15.6 ml BBQ sauce, plus 1 tbsp more for brushing burgers
- 0.2 0.2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 0.2 0.2 Tbsp brown rice syrup
- 0.1 0.1 tsp sea salt, plus to taste
- 0.05 0.05 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 0.2 0.2 Tbsp Dijon or German mustard
- 2 2 slices Follow Your Heart Cheddar Slices, each cut into 3-inch circles
- 0.4 0.4 Tbsp neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- Generous spread of Follow Your Heart Vegenaise, for buns
- 0.1 0.1 purple onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 0.2 0.2 tomato, sliced into rounds
- 0.6 0.6 leaves romaine lettuce, sliced into large squares
- 1 1 vegan hamburger buns, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 375˚.
- In a large food processor, add seitan, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, lemon juice, brown rice syrup, sea salt, pepper and mustard. Pulse until uniform.
- Scoop 32g seitan mixture and press into a large disc.
- Place 2 rounds of Follow Your Heart Cheddar Slices in centre. Enclose with seitan from edges and re-form into patty shape. Repeat for all patties.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and add oil. Add patties and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side. Brush patties with BBQ sauce once flipped.
- Toast hamburger buns and spread Follow Your Heart Vegenaiseon bun. Add cheese-stuffed burgers to bun. Top with onion, tomato, and romaine lettuce. Serve warm