Spook out your friends and family this Halloween with these vegan ghost cupcakes that are blacker than your soul!
Vegan ghost cupcakes
Recipe by STRIPPD (www.strippd-uk.com)
For the base:
- 1 scoop of STRIPPD Vegan Lean Protein Powder Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 330ml almond milk
- 250g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120ml melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Charcoal powder*
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup (115g) room temperature vegan butter
- 3 cups (375g) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2-2 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Mix the vegan chocolate protein powder, apple cider vinegar, almond milk and plain flour (with whisk or electric mixer)
- Mix the caster sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut oil, and charcoal powder (with whisk or electric mixer)
- Combine both bowls and mix together until smooth. The mixture should be thick
- Spoon the batter into a tray of 12 cupcakes
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 min until golden brown and firm. Leave to cool before adding any toppings
- Combine the vegan butter, icing sugar, salt, almond extract and non-dairy milk (with whisk or electric mixer)
- Generously frost each individual cupcake.
*Activated charcoal powder is a great novelty powder to add to colour food and is safe to eat in small amounts. However it must be consumed in moderation as it can rid your body of vital nutrients, including vitamins and minerals. It is also note safe to consume if you are taking medication as it can prohibit the medication from being absorbed by the body.
This article contains affiliate links.