Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Zingy Lime Dressing
These tasty vegan cauliflower tacos are filled with zingy citrus flavours to tantalise your taste buds. Load them up with crispy cauliflower, pickled red onion and drizzle with a zesty lime dressing for a fresh and flavoursome meal.
- For the cauliflower:
- 0.5 0.5 large head cauliflower, cut into florets.
- 2 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 0.5 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.25 0.25 tsp onion powder
- 0.5 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 2 Tbsp plant-based milk
- For the mayo dressing:
- 2 2 Tbsp Follow Your Heart Avocado Oil Vegenaise
- 0.25 0.25 small lime, squeezed
- For the tacos:
- 4 4 small taco shells, (or soft tortillas toasted).
- Pickled red onion (simply mix 1 tsp apple cider vinegar with ½ cup water, 1 tbsp sugar and pinch salt with 1 finely sliced red onion)
- Baby gem lettuce leaves
- Black sesame seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, stir in the oat milk and whisk together then add the cauliflower florets and coat in the mix.
- Place apart on a greased baking tray and bake for around 40 minutes. *Note, turn after around 20 minutes of baking to ensure each side is crispy.
- Prepare the tacos whilst the cauliflower cooks by following the steps above to pickle the red onion, then toast the wraps and set aside
- Once baked and crispy, assemble the tacos with a generous layer of the Follow Your Heart Vegenaise with the squeeze of lime.
Have you heard about the latest Tic Tok trend, seitan?
Give this innovative vegan meat alternative a try with these tasty vegan seitan recipes!