Blondies with White Chocolate and Tofu
This indulgent vegan blondies recipe packed with cocoa and vegan white chocolate is both gluten-free and high in protein thanks to the tofu in the recipe. It’s one of our favourite tofu recipes to indulge in for a great source of vegan protein.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
When people ask how to cook tofu, you have to consider that there are many types of tofu, and silken tofu is great for desserts.
It is creamy and rich and we’ve used it to add richness to this vegan blondies recipe.
Our vegan tofu blondies can be eaten as a gluten-free vegan dessert or as mid-afternoon vegan sweet treats.
The preparation for the vegan white chocolate blondies is incredibly easy. After blending the milk, tofu and oil in a food processor, everything is mixed in one bowl and then poured in the tin.
It’s really one of those easy vegan dessert recipes that are a joy to make and even more to eat.
As tofu is a complete protein, meaning it contains all 9 of the essential amino acids, it is one of the best vegan protein sources.
These vegan blondies are not only a sweet treat, but they support the body’s health and development.
This vegan baking recipe has a satisfying chewy texture and they are delicious on their own or served with berries and vegan ice cream.
Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Cuisine: Vegan dessert
Total Time: 50 mins
- 7.0833333333333 7.0833333333333 g extra firm silken tofu
- 4.1666666666667 4.1666666666667 ml gluten-free soya milk
- 4.1666666666667 4.1666666666667 ml rapeseed oil
- 8.3333333333333 8.3333333333333 g brown sugar
- 8.3333333333333 8.3333333333333 g caster sugar
- 0.083333333333333 0.083333333333333 tsp vanilla extract
- 18.75 18.75 6 gluten-free plain flour
- 0.041666666666667 0.041666666666667 tsp xanthan gum
- 0.041666666666667 0.041666666666667 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 0.041666666666667 0.041666666666667 tsp ½ tsp gluten-free bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 8.3333333333333 8.3333333333333 g vegan white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line a 23-cm/9-inch square baking tin with baking paper so that the paper extends beyond the edge of the tin.
- Put the tofu, milk and oil into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, caster sugar and vanilla and beat together with a wooden spoon. Stir in the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix well. Fold the chocolate into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and use a spatula to push it into the corners and smooth the top. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven – the texture will firm up as the brownies cool. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then lift the baking paper and transfer the brownie, still on the paper, to a wire rack and leave to cool completely before slicing.
Brands of vegan white chocolate vary – some will melt, others bake to a toffee-like consistency, both of which can be good in brownies!
Want to take your baking skills up a level from making vegan brownies? Try our 20 of the best vegan doughnut recipes