This comforting broccoli and blue ‘cheese’ vegan pasta bake is loaded with cheesey, carby goodness for a tea-time treat that’s perfect for winter evenings.
Broccoli and blue ‘cheese’ vegan pasta bake
Servings: 4-6 people | Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 100g Violife Mozzarella Flavour Grated
- 150g Violife Blu Block
- 50g Violife Prosciano Wedge
- 250g dried pasta
- 300g broccoli
- 50g vegan margarine
- 40g plain flour
- 600ml soya milk
- Cook the broccoli and pasta together in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, drain well and set aside.
- Melt the margarine over a medium heat in a saucepan slightly larger than the one used for the pasta.
- Add the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the soya milk, a little at a time, and cook for 10-15 minutes to create a thickened and smooth sauce.
- While this is cooking, pre-heat the grill to hot.
- Remove the cooked sauce from the hob and add the Violife Mozzarella Flavour Grated and half of the Violife Blu Block, crumbled, and stir until the cheese is well combined and melted.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Once combined, transfer the mixture to a deep ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Violife Blu Block and Violife Prosciano Wedge and place the dish under the hot grill until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- Serve straight away with additional Violife Prosciano Wedge on the side.
This article contains affiliate links.