Vegan Pancakes with Banana & Peaches
These American-style thick and fluffy vegan pancakes with banana are made with ingredients you have in your store cupboard at home.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 75 75 g self-raising flour
- 0.25 0.25 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 12.5 12.5 g unrefined sugar
- 100 100 ml soy milk
- 15 15 g raisins
- Coconut oil for shallow frying
- 0.75 0.75 bananas (sliced)
- 0.25 0.25 can of peaches (well drained)
- A couple of pinches of sugar
- To serve:
- 37.5 37.5 ml vegan custard
- A small handful of extra raisins to top
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl, then gradually pour in the soya milk, whisking it as you go to remove any lumps. When you have a lump-free mixture, add the 60g of raisins and mix them into the batter.
- Heat about half a tablespoon of the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan or skillet. When it is hot enough, put about 2 large tablespoons of the pancake mixture into the pan and let it spread out for a moment. It should go to about 6-8 cm in diameter (about 4 inches).
- Put another two dollops of batter that are the same size in the pan, so that you are cooking three pancakes at a time. Turn them over when they start to bubble on the top (about 3 minutes in) and brown the other side. Turn them again for about 30 seconds on each side to make sure they are cooked through and then transfer to a low oven to keep warm while you make more batches. You should be able to get 9 or 10 out of the mix.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked and are keeping warm, heat another tablespoon of coconut oil in the frying pan. Fry the bananas and peaches together in the pan for about 2 minutes (watch out for any spitting), until they are hot but before the bananas go mushy. Add the pinches of sugar and gently mix in. Warm the custard through (about 1 ½ minutes in the microwave).
- Serve three pancakes to a plate, spoon a third of the fruit on top of each, pour on the custard and then top with more raisins.
Planning to treat yourself to brunch this weekend?
Don’t miss our favourite vegan pancake recipes.