This oil-free vegan ‘Nutella’ is a delicious and nutritious recipe. Spread it on top of your favourite crepes or pancake for an extra-special breakfast treat!
Oil-free vegan ‘Nutella’
- 150g roasted and unsalted hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 80g maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g soya cream
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (finely ground) (optional)
- (Omit this 1st step if you have bought roasted hazelnuts). On a baking tray, spread out the hazelnuts and bake at 180°C for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Take the hazelnuts out of the oven and wait until they have chilled, then remove the very thin and brown layer on top of each ones.
- Place the hazelnuts in your food processor and blend for a minute or 2(depending on the speed of your food processor) until the nuts are finely ground and sticky.
- Add the cacao powder, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, soya cream and mix until it becomes very smooth (for about 30 seconds). You want to achieve a smooth and thick consistency.
- Optional: add 1 tbsp. of chia seeds to the mix and blend once more until smooth.
- Transfer your Vegan Nutella into an empty jar of marmalade or a bowl, cover and keep in the refrigerator.