Oil-free vegan ‘Nutella’
Many people ask “Is Nutella vegan?”. While the original may not be plant-based, we’ve got a delicious recipe to satisfy your cravings. This oil-free vegan ‘Nutella’ is a delicious and nutritious recipe. Spread it on top of your favourite crêpes or pancake for an extra-special breakfast treat!
Makes: 290g jar
- 30 30 g unsalted hazlenuts
- 0.4 0.4 tbsp natural cocoa powder
- 0.1 0.1 tsp sea salt
- 16 16 g maple syrup
- 0.1 0.1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 20 g soya cream
- 0.2 0.2 tbsp chia seeds
- (Omit this 1st step if you have bought roasted hazelnuts). On a baking tray, spread out the hazelnuts and bake at 180°C for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Take the hazelnuts out of the oven and wait until they have chilled, then remove the very thin and brown layer on top of each ones.
- Place the hazelnuts in your food processor and blend for a minute or 2(depending on the speed of your food processor) until the nuts are finely ground and sticky.
- Add the cacao powder, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, soya cream and mix until it becomes very smooth (for about 30 seconds). You want to achieve a smooth and thick consistency.
- Optional: add 1 tbsp. of chia seedsto the mix and blend once more until smooth.
- Transfer your Vegan Nutella into an empty jar of marmalade or a bowl, cover and keep in the refrigerator.
Chocolate and pancakes are a match made in heaven. Try out your vegan Nutella on these vegan pancake recipes…