Easy Vegan Breakfast Burrito with Beans & Sausages
This easy vegan burrito recipe with beans is a satisfying and healthy vegan breakfast thanks to the addition of and sausages and homemade spicy beans. Pineapple gives it a flavour kick that is sure to put a spring in your step in the morning!
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
There’s something about making homemade beans that turns a simple ingredient into an easy vegan feast. This vegan burrito recipe is so simple to put together you can enjoy it any day of the week.
The beans can also be made beforehand, and you can refrigerate or freeze them to use as you need them, making this easy vegan recipe even easier to put together for a quick vegan breakfast.
These easy vegan breakfast burritos have vegan sausages and pineapple in them which gives added texture and a sweetness that is pleasing but not overpowering.
You can serve them in the tortillas as they are or make some spicy potato wedges for an extra filling vegan breakfast that is tasty and packed with flavour.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- For the spicy beans:
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 0.5 onion, finely chopped
- 0.5 0.5 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200 200 grams canned aduki beans, drained and rinsed
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp molasses
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp English mustard
- 0.25 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 0.5 tsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 200 200 ml water
- salt and pepper
- For the vegan breakfast burritos:
- 1 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1 vegan sausages, defrosted if frozen
- 37.5 37.5 grams pineapple chunks
- 1 1 soft vegan tortillas (square ones if available)
- 0.5 0.5 handful fresh baby spinach leaves, shredded
- To make the spicy beans, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onion and green pepper for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the remaining ingredients for the spicy beans, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the sausages together with the pineapple chunks for 10 minutes, or until browned. Leave to cool a little and slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces.
- Divide the bean mixture between the two tortillas and spread to cover the whole surface. Cover the beans with a layer of shredded spinach.
- Divide the pineapple and sausage pieces between the tortillas, arranging them in a line down the middle, if your tortillas are circular, or along one edge if they are square. Roll the tortillas up as tightly as you can to create a spiral effect.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the tortillas into two or three pieces. Serve immediately.