Black Bean & Corn Fritters
Perfect for brunch or a light lunch, these protein-packed vegan black bean and corn fritters by Healthy Home Cafe for No Meat May are absolutely delicious served with tomato salsa.
- 400 400 g black beans, drained
- 175 175 g corn kernels
- 46 46 g red capsicum pepper, finely diced
- chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp black paper, ground
- 0.5 0.5 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 120 120 g Besan flour
- 1 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 120 120 ml water
- Reserve a few sprigs of coriander as garnish
- In a mixing bowl, add black beans, corn, capsicum, chilli.
- Add salt, pepper, turmeric, baking powder, Besan flour and water.
- Mix well.
- In a frypan on high heat, add a generous amount of olive oil.
- Using the spoon as a size guide, spoon the fritter mixture into the frypan, making sure the fritters don’t touch.
- Reduce to medium heat.
- Cook for 2 mins each side on medium heat.
- Lay the cooked fritters on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat until you have as many fritters as you wish and reserve the rest of the mixture in the fridge or just cook it all.
- Serve with garnish.
Wanting to cut meat from your diet but need a little helping hand? Sign up to the No Meat May challenge to receive advice, tips and free recipes throughout the month of May.