Vegan Apple & Lavender Tartlets Recipe
This beautiful vegan apple and lavender tartlets recipe is quick and easy to make for a simple vegan dessert. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s made from just 5 easy-to-find ingredients!
Many brands of ready to roll puff pastry are vegan, so you won’t have any trouble finding it when shopping – keep a roll in your freezer to make this for last-minute guests.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Our vegan apple tartlets with lavander will be one of your go-to recipes when you want to make an easy vegan dessert that looks good and tastes impressive.
It uses just five ingredients, is fuss-free and can be prepared quickly for when you want something sweet in a hurry.
These delightfully flavoured vegan apple tartlets are simple, but the lavender makes them extra special. Plus, you can serve them with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent vegan dessert.
The vegan tartlets use Braeburn apples which have a nice acidity, but you can use other varieties too. Likewise, lavender is a lovely combination with the apple, but you could use a sprinkle of cinnamon instead if you’d prefer.
If you want a rich caramel flavour, try using dark brown sugar.
These vegan apple and lavender tartlets are so convenient to make that you can make a vegan dessert at short notice and proudly present them knowing that they taste good too.
Next time you go shopping, add ready to roll vegan puff pastry to your basket and give them a try.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 0.5 0.5 small eating apples (e.g. Braeburn)
- 0.083333333333333 0.083333333333333 Tbsp lemon juice
- 0.16666666666667 0.16666666666667 320g roll ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp dried lavender
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C.
- Core the apples, then halve them and cut thinly into 1mm slices. Toss with the lemon juice.
- Unroll the pastry, and cut it into six equal rectangles.
- Scatter each piece of pastry with a tablespoon of the light brown sugar, leaving a 1cm border around the edges.
- Arrange the apple slices over the sugar, then evenly scatter over the lavender.
- Place tartlets on a lined baking tray and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Craving the comforting taste of apple pie?
Satisfying your sweet tooth with this epic vegan salted caramel apple pie recipe.