This bowl of goodness is absolutely bursting with texture and flavour!
Tofu & aubergine vegan green curry
Serves 6 | Prep 15 mins | Cook 15 mins | Calories 300 (per serving)
- 600g (1lb 4oz) firm tofu
- 400g (14oz) aubergine
- 100g (3½oz) shallots
- 400ml (14fl oz) coconut cream
- 100ml (3½fl oz) vegetable stock
- cornflour, for dusting
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- red Thai chillies
- vegetable oil
For the Curry Paste:
- a bunch of coriander
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- juice of 1 lime
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes and pan-fry until golden brown. Set aside. Slice the shallots into thin rings. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly dust with cornflour and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- Combine all the curry paste ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan and roast the curry paste, stirring constantly, until aromatic. Add the vegetable stock to the pan to deglaze. Add the coconut cream and aubergine and cook until the aubergine is tender.
- Add the tofu and heat for 1 minute. Season to taste with salt, then serve topped with fresh basil leaves, fried shallots, and red Thai chillies.