Zingy salsa and avocado give a delicious fresh taste to these veggie fajitas. Add sweet potatoes and peppers, or why not substitute with veggies of your choice for a quick, filling and satisfying meal.
Sweet potato & red pepper fajitas
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- A small cup of sweetcorn
- 1 sachet of Santa Maria Medium Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and mashed with a fork
- 1 pack of Santa Maria Plain Flour Soft Tortillas
- 1 bottle of Santa Maria Medium Salsa
- Steam the cubed sweet potato until half cooked.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan. Add the sweet potato, red onion and pepper to the pan and cook over a high heat until softened.
- Reduce the heat, add the Santa Maria Medium Fajita Seasoning Mix sachet contents, and stir to coat vegetables, fry until cooked.
- Stir in the spring onion and the sweetcorn.
- Serve with salsa, avocado and salad for everyone to roll into their tortillas.
- Fold up one side of the tortilla before rolling to stop food from slipping out!