Craving a guilt free post-gym treat? These sweet potato protein brownies will give you heaps of energy after your workout, and they taste delicious too!
Sweet potato protein brownies
By Good Hemp (www.goodhempfood.com)
Makes 10 | Prep 5 mins | Cook 25-30 mins | Calories 366 (per brownie)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 4 tbsp ground hazelnuts
- 100g (3½oz) brown rice flour
- 4 tbsp Good Hemp Seed Hearts
- 120g (4oz) Good Hemp Pure Protein
- 480g (1lb) pitted dates
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/Gas Mark 4. Line a large cake tin with baking parchment.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into small chunks. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Place the cooked sweet potato and the dates in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, fold together the remaining ingredients whilst slowly adding 2 tbsp water.
- Mix all the ingredients together, then pour into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once at room temperature, cut into squares and enjoy.
This article contains affiliate links.