Enjoy chocolate without all the guilt & sugar with this delicious blend of gooey almond butter and sweet chocolate-ty goodness.
Sugar-free double almond butter chocolates
Recipe by Modern Food Stories (www.modernfoodstories.com)
Serves: 10 – 12 chocolates (depending on mould size) | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Chill Time: 30 minutes to set in the freezer
- 3 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 100g Raw Cacao Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder or seeds from fresh vanilla pod
- 1 tsp Coconut Honey
- 1 heaped tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Ground Almonds
- Add the raw cacao butter to a glass jug and place in a pan of boiling water (1 inch deep) on a low heat. Melt gently.
- Once melted, turn off the heat and add the raw cacao powder, vanilla and mix well using a non electric hand whisk.
- Add honey and mix well. Taste and see if it’s to your liking.
- Pour the chocolate into your chocolate moulds or ice cube trays (only 2/3 fill). Silicone ones as best as the hard ones are more difficult to get the chocolates out!
- Mix the almond butter and ground almonds in a bowl. You’ll need to judge how runny your almond butter is as to how much ground almonds you add. You want the mixture to be firm enough to roll into little balls but not to dry.
- Roll into 10 – 12 small balls. Add one to each centre of the chocolate mould and fill to the top with the remaining chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes until set.
- Remove the Double Almond Butter Chocolates from the moulds and enjoy. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.