Strawberries & Oat Cream
It’s estimated that roughly 27,000 kilos of strawberries are eaten each year during the Wimbledon Championships, together with 7,000 litres of cream.
So, why not ditch the dairy this year and indulge in a bowl of animal-friendly strawberries and cream with this deliciously creamy oat cream recipe.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
- 22.5 22.5 g rolled oats
- 118.5 118.5 ml oat milk
- 1 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1 tsp ground golden flax seed
- 3 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Soak the oats in the oat milk overnight.
- Blend in a high-speed blender with the maple syrup and the golden flax. With the blender running slowly add the melted coconut oil, process until combined and no lumps remain.
- Chill in the fridge until thickened. Stir the cream through before serving with fresh strawberries.
Need something sweet to beat the heat this summer? Try these refreshing vegan ice cream recipes.