It’s estimated that roughly 27,000 kilos of strawberries are eaten each year during the Wimbledon Championships, together with 7,000 litres of cream. So why not ditch the dairy this year and indulge in a spot animal-friendly strawberries and cream with this deliciously creamy oat cream recipe.
Strawberries & Oat Cream
- 45g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 237 ml (1 cup) oat milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground golden flax seed
- 6 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Soak the oats in the oat milk overnight.
- Blend in a high-speed blender with the maple syrup and the golden flax. With the blender running slowly add the melted coconut oil, process until combined and no lumps remain.
- Chill in the fridge until thickened. Stir the cream through before serving with fresh strawberries.