Spicy Butternut Squash & Ginger Soup
Ginger and chilli give this vegan butternut squash soup a warming kick that makes it the ideal lunch on a cold day.
- 0.25 0.25 medium onion, diced
- 0.25 0.25 large leek, finely sliced
- 0.75 0.75 inch piece of root ginger peeled and finely chopped
- Pinch of dried chilli powder (optional)
- 0.25 0.25 large pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 150 150 ml good quality hot vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper
- Put the onion, leeks and ginger into the mixing bowl and cover with pierced cling film. Place on the base of the oven and cook on high in the microwave for 5 mins.
- Add the pumpkin/squash and the hot stock to the bowl cook on high in the microwave for 15-20 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Add salt and pepper and leave to cool before liquidising.
- Garnish with a swirl of cream and some fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Created in a Panasonic NN-CS89 Microwave