Spicy Vegan Thai Sweet Potato Curry
Indulge in one of the world’s most delicious veggies, and rustle up this hearty vegan Thai-inspired sweet potato curry!
This recipe is great for those beginning to expand their culinary skills. All you need is a pan and a wok to create this sensational sweet potato curry.
Did you know that sweet potatoes are absolutely packed full of goodness, with a 200g serving being a good source of:
- Vitamin A which is essential for good health, and promotes growth, the immune system, and vision.
- Vitamin C which is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body, healing wounds, and for repairing and maintaining bones and teeth.
- Manganese which is essential for normal brain and nerve function.
- Copper which helps your body make red blood cells and keeps nerve cells and your immune system healthy.
- Potassium which works alongside sodium to maintain a normal blood pressure.
- Fibre which is needed for digestive health.
So why not indulge in one of the world’s most delicious veggies, and rustle up this hearty Thai inspired curry or check out one of these other tasty sweet potato recipes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 0.5 0.5 American sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 0.25 0.25 head broccoli
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp coconut oil
- 0.25 0.25 onion, cut into quarters
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp yellow Thai curry paste
- 0.5 0.5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 0.5 0.5 cm fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 0.25 0.25 red pepper, cut into narrow rings
- 50 50 ml coconut milk
- 100 100 ml vegetable stock
- 0.25 0.25 stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Steam or blanch the broccoli until al dente, then rinse with cold water.
- Dry the broccoli and lightly char in a very hot pan and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large wok or frying pan and brown the sweet potato cubes.
- Add the onion and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the curry paste and stir well. Add the garlic, ginger and pepper and stir gently.
- Next, add the coconut milk, stock and lemongrass and bring to a gentle simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and season with a pinch of salt.
- Split the curry between four plates, sprinkle with the lime juice over the plates, and scatter over the fresh coriander.
- Serve with fragrant Thai rice.
Hungry for more?
Try one of these tasty vegan curry recipes!