Easy Spiced Vegan Pumpkin Tart Recipe
This spiced pumpkin vegan tart recipe is a delightfully flavoursome vegan dessert and is so easy to make.
The sweet vegan pumpkin pie filling uses allspice, cinnamon, stem ginger, and maple syrup to make a spiced and sweet filling.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
This spiced pumpkin vegan tart recipe is an easy vegan recipe as it uses shop bought filo pastry and sweetened oven roast pumpkin with spices to make a delightful filling that anyone can put together.
If you would prefer to make a vegan tart with a different fruit filling, you could also fill these vegan tartlets with baked apples.
However, the apple will cook more quickly, so make sure check them after 10 minutes instead to stop them from overcooking.
You can serve our mini vegan pumpkin tarts with a sprinkle of icing sugar or add a scoop of dairy-free ice cream for a more luxurious vegan dessert.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 100 100 grams pumpkin, cut into 1-cm/½-inch pieces
- 2.5 2.5 grams vegan margarine, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 0.25 0.25 tbsp maple syrup
- 2.5 2.5 grams preserved stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp cinnamon
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp allspice
- 33.75 33.75 grams vegan filo pastry
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp rapeseed oil
- icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Lightly grease four 10-cm/4-inch tartlet tins.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet and dot with the margarine. Roast in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, then stir and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is beginning to brown. Stir in the maple syrup, chopped ginger, cinnamon and allspice, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Cut the filo pastry into twelve 10-cm/4-inch squares. Brush four with rapeseed oil. Place a second sheet of pastry on top of each, at an angle to the first so that the points of the squares do not align – you are aiming to create a star shape. Brush with oil again and finish with the remaining pastry sheets to make four stacks, each with three layers. Transfer the pastry stacks into the prepared tartlet tins, press down gently, and bake for 8–10 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Fill the pastry cases with the pumpkin mixture. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Looking for a traditional pumpkin pie recipe with a vegan twist?
Check out our recipe for the best-ever vegan pumpkin pie!