Simple Peanut Butter Granola
Our simple peanut butter granola recipe makes a satisfying vegan breakfast that’s packed with texture and flavour.
Making your vegan granola is simple, and you easily can cater for your taste and dietary requirements. For example, you can use gluten-free oats to make this simple peanut butter granola recipe gluten-free as well as vegan.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
If you’re looking for quick vegan breakfast ideas, this simple peanut butter granola recipe helps you to throw together a tasty vegan breakfast when you’re in a rush.
Once you’ve made a batch, you can store it in an airtight container and serve it with soya milk or soya yoghurt and fresh blueberries to make a quick vegan breakfast.
Our simple granola recipe sets you up for the day. Oats are a great way to start the day, they are a good source of vitamins, minerals and fibre. The peanut butter gives the muesli more decadence and adds protein, and the linseeds add omega fatty acids for a balanced vegan diet.
The great thing about our easy granola recipe is that you can build on it. Try adding toasted coconut or banana chips for simple luxurious peanut butter and banana granola.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 37.5 37.5 g porridge oats
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp linseed meal (ground golden linseeds)
- 7.5 7.5 g vegan margarine
- 10 10 g crunchy peanut butter
- 12.5 12.5 g light agave nectar
- 0.125 0.125 tsp vanilla extract
- soya milk or soya yogurt and blueberries, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together the oats and linseed meal in a large bowl.
- Warm the margarine, peanut butter and agave nectar together, either in a small saucepan over a low heat or in a heatproof jug in the microwave, until the margarine melts. Add the vanilla extract and mix together thoroughly.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the oats and linseed meal in the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spread the oat mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until dry and beginning to turn golden. Remove from the oven and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Crumble the granola and store in an airtight container or serve straightaway in bowls with soya milk or soya yoghurt and fresh blueberries.
Have you tried making your own vegan milk before?
Give it a try and serve this vegan granola recipe with homemade cashew milk.