Give yourself something to look forward to in the morning with this deliciously simple, yet hard to resist simple homemade granola!
Simple homemade granola
By Kate Gardner
Makes 5-6 cups of granola
- 300g oats
- 200g chopped nuts and seeds (pecans and almonds are my favourites, plus pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- 300g dried fruit (I generally stick to raisins and sultanas but feel free to use anything!)
- 100g coconut oil
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (fan 140). Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- In a pan, gently melt the coconut oil and stir in the coconut sugar so it dissolves. Add cinnamon if using.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats and chopped nuts/seeds. Pour over the coconut mix and stir well so everything is combined and coated.
- Tip the mixture onto the baking tray and spread out evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring it around halfway — it should be toasted and golden but not burnt.
- Add the dried fruit and return to the oven for 5 minutes so that the fruit swells and toasts slightly, but does not burn.
- Leave to cool then transfer to a sealed container to store.
This article contains affiliate links.