Sesame Soy Tofu
People who say they don't like tofu have just not found the right way to cook it just yet, the trick is all in the marinating!
If you're planning on giving up meat this May then this delicious recipe for perfectly seasoned sesame soy tofu by Healthy Home Cafe for No Meat May is the perfect replacement for your main meal. Serve on a bed of fluffy white rice with spring onions for a tasty evening meal.
- olive oil
- 150 150 g firm silken tofu - quartered
- 2 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 3 Tbsp tamari
- 60 60 ml water
- sesame oil (optional)
- 2 2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Reserve a few sprigs of coriander as garnish
- Heat the frypan over high heat with a generous splash of olive oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes, flip, cook for 2 more.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 min.
- Add water and Tamari to taste.
- Add a dash of sesame oil (optional).
- Add coriander.
- Add sesame seeds.
- Serve and add sprigs of fresh coriander as garnish.
Wanting to cut meat from your diet but need a little helping hand? Sign up to the No Meat May challenge to receive advice, tips and free recipes throughout the month of May.