Indulge your inner chocoholic with this sumptuous melt-in-the-middle vegan salted chocolate fondant…
Vegan salted chocolate fondant
By Gaz Oakley from Avant-Garde Vegan (www.instagram.com/avantgardevegan)
Serves 4 | Prep 10 mins | Cook 15 mins | Calories 453 (per serving)
- 115g (4oz) plain flour
- 100g (3½oz) sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 large Tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 115ml (4fl oz) cashew milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cinnamon apple sauce (egg replacement)
- 60g (2oz) vegan margarine
For the Filling:
- 100g (3½oz) organic dark vegan chocolate, cut into cubes
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4 and grease four small pudding tins.
- Place all of the wet ingredients in a small saucepan, then place over a low heat and stir until melted and combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine well, then pour in the contents of the saucepan and stir until just combined.
- Fill each of the pudding tins half way up with the mixture, then place 4-5 cubes of chocolate and a sprinkling of salt in the middle. Pour over the rest of the mixture, then give each tin a tap on the surface to level them out.
- Place on a baking tray, then into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve fresh from the oven with cherries and a sprinkling of organic cocoa powder.
This article contains affiliate links.