Roasted Tomato & Broccoli Pasta
Some days you want to push the boat out with your evening meal, and sometimes it's nice to take it back to basic with something simple yet delicious like this roasted tomato and broccoli pasta.
Celebrate Plant Power Day with this fresh and flavoursome meal.
Total Time: 50
Total Time: 50
- 1 1 garlic cloves
- 100 100 g cherry tomatoes
- few sprigs thyme
- olive oil
- 100 100 g spaghetti
- 100 100 g tenderstem broccoli
- 0.25 0.25 onion, finely chopped
- 0.125 0.125 tsp chilli flakes
- 1.25 1.25 Tbsp plain flour
- 0.25 0.25 litre Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink
- 0.25 0.25 lemon lemon, juice
- 125 125 g pine nuts
- 10 10 g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 10 10 g almonds, roughly chopped
- To serve:
- large bunch of fresh basil leaves
- frizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180Cfan/gas mark 6. Put the garlic cloves and whole cherry tomatoes on a lipped baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, thyme and toss through olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes until blistered and a little coloured, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta to pack instructions. Add the broccoli florets for the last 3 minutes of cooking time, then drain and set aside.
- In a large deep saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of oil over a medium heat and add the onion. Gently fry for 5-8 minutes until softened and a little coloured. Add the chilli flakes and flour and fry for a few minutes until bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink. Stirring all the time, then put over a medium heat and stir regularly until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Toast the pine nuts, cashews and almonds together until golden in a small non- stick frying pan.
- Toss the spaghetti and broccoli through the sauce. Top with the roasted tomatoes, toasted nuts, a handful of fresh basil and drizzle of olive oil.