Raw Carrot, Apple and Goji Bircher Muesli
Raw bircher muesli is an easy vegan breakfast recipe that can be prepared beforehand. Not only is it a delicious way to start your day, but this healthy vegan breakfast has plenty of essential vitamins and minerals to give you a good start to your day.
Our raw carrot, apple, and goji bircher muesli recipe is also suitable for a gluten-free diet.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
To make this healthy vegan breakfast, buckwheat grains are soaked overnight for easy digestion and packed with masses of other healthy ingredients to create a delicious, good-for-you version of Swiss bircher muesli.
This raw bircher muesli base is made from buckwheat flakes which lower cholesterol and are a good source of protein and fibre.
Buckwheat is a highly nutritious whole grain and is gluten-free.
The raw carrot is high in vitamin A, and the goji berries are high in vitamin A and C. Yes, this is a vitamin-rich vegan breakfast,
The other ingredients add texture and flavour and pack this bircher muesli with more healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. The pistachios are high in potassium, and the hazelnuts are high in vitamin E and have a good amount of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids.
The apricots are a good source of vitamin A, C, E and calcium, and the sunflower seeds are high in protein, iron and zinc, among other vitamins and minerals.
If you are looking for a healthy gluten-free, vegan breakfast, then our bircher muesli recipe is the best.
Total Time: 12 hours
Prep Time: 12 hours (soaking time)
Total Time: 12 hours
- 62.5 62.5 grams buckwheat flakes
- 0.5 0.5 carrot, grated
- 1 1 red-skinned apples
- 75 75 ml apple juice
- 75 75 ml almond milk
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp dried goji berries
- 1 1 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1 Tbsp dried chopped apricots
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp shelled pistachio nuts
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Put the buckwheat flakes and carrot in a large bowl. Core, thinly slice and chop one of the apples and add to the bowl. Stir the bowl contents well until thoroughly combined. Stir in the apple juice, almond milk and 1 tablespoon of the goji berries. Cover and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Stir the hazelnuts into the bowl. Core, thinly slice and chop the remaining apple.
- Divide the muesli between serving dishes and sprinkle the apple, remaining goji berries, apricots, pistachio nuts and sunflower seeds over the muesli. Serve immediately.
When it comes to breakfast, nothing starts the day off quite like a big stack of pancakes!
We can’t get enough of these oat milk vegan pancakes with raspberry sauce.