The sweet, crumbly oat topping sits perfectly with the gooey and slightly bitter fruit below in this comforting vegan crumble.
- 1 cup (128g) of oat flour (rolled oats, blitzed in a blender until fine)
- 1 cup (128g) of rolled oats
- ½ cup (70g) of almonds
- ¼ cup (60ml) of maple syrup
- ½ cup of pitted dates (around 6)
- 4 cooking apples
- ½ cup (63g) of raspberries
- ½ cup (63g) of blackberries
- Chop your apples up into nice chunky pieces and place them into a large saucepan on a low heat with around ½ cup of water to help them soften.
- Whilst they cook, start making the crumble top. Blend the oat flour (made by blitzing rolled oats in a food processor) with the dates and maple syrup. Then, add in the rolled oats and almonds and further blitz until a crumbly dough forms.
- Once your apples are slightly soft, transfer them into an oven dish and layer the berries on top.
- Remove the crumble mix from the food processor and layer it on top, roughly spreading it with your fingers and breaking it up slightly. Dust a little cinnamon on top and place in the oven at 180C to cook for 20 minutes.
- This dish is best served warm after a cosy family meal, with a little coconut yoghurt drizzled over the top.