Quick & Easy Vegan Salsa Bean Dip Recipe
This quick and easy salsa bean dip recipe with fresh coriander and aduki beans is delicious served with nachos for a healthy vegan snack.
Not only is this vegan dip recipe delicious, but the addition of lysine-rich aduki beans also boosts your daily intake of lysine as part of a balanced vegan diet.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Beans are rich in protein, fibre, iron and a great source of lysine in a vegan diet.
Lysine is an essential nutrient that is responsible for muscle turnover and normal growth. This amino acid is also responsible for transporting fat cells in your body to be used as energy.
Because beans are a lysine-rich plant-based food source, our quick and easy salsa bean dip recipe means you can enjoy snacking on this wholesome food.
The quick and easy vegan bean dip can also be made into an easy vegan lunch when put in a wrap or on a jacket potato and sprinkled with vegan cheese. Simply serve with a side salad for a nutritious and tasty vegan lunch.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 50 50 grams cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 0.25 0.25 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 50 50 grams canned aduki beans, drained and rinsed
- 0.125 0.125 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 0.125 0.125 1 red chilli (to taste), deseeded and very finely chopped
- 0.5 0.5 tsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 0.25 0.25 tsp agave nectar
- large handful of chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- chilli oil, to serve
- 1 1 small soft vegan tortillas, to serve
- Place the tomatoes, onion, beans, red pepper, chilli, purée, agave nectar and coriander in a large bowl. Mix together well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl and leave in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to let the flavours develop. Preheat the grill to medium.
- Place the tortillas under the preheated grill and lightly toast. Leave to cool slightly then cut into slices.
- Transfer the bean dip to a small serving bowl. Serve with the sliced tortillas and chilli oil to dip.
This easy salsa bean dip is so tasty served with vegan nachos!
Give it a try with the epic vegan nachos recipe.