These Sambazon purple Açaí pancakes are perfect for switching things up this Pancake Day. Whether you’re keen to jump on this year’s hottest purple food trend or simply get some added benefits and taste into your breakfast, use this simple recipe topped with your favourite berries for a delicious sweet treat this Pancake Day.
Purple açaí pancakes
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200ml dairy-free milk
- 1 sachet Sambazon Açaí Frozen Superfruit Pack – Original or Unsweetened
- Berries of your choice – we used blueberries, strawberries and cherries
- Agave Nectar
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Stir the mixture together, then gradually add dairy-free milk while continuing to stir.
- Add virgin coconut oil to a frying pan at a medium heat until the oil melts.
- Add a large spoonful of the batter into the pan and cook until tiny bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake. Then flip over the pancake and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- To serve, place the pancakes on a plate and drizzle with agave nectar before topping with berries of your choice.