Peri Peri Pea Falafel with Tahini Dressing
Filled with the fresh flavours of mint and coriander served with a zesty tahini dressing, these vibrant green pea falafel are a wholesome and protein-packed lunch.
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 0.25 onion, finely chopped
- 0.75 0.75 garlic cloves, crushed
- 0.5 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 0.5 0.5 tsp peri peri seasoning
- 0.5 0.5 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 50 50 g frozen peas
- A small handful fresh coriander & mint, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- Sea salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp tahini
- For the dressing
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp tahini
- 0.25 0.25 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 0.125 0.125 tsp peri peri seasoning
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and add the onion, garlic and spices. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Once the onions are soft, put them into a food blender along with the well-drained peas and remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until the mixture comes together. If your mixture is still crumbly and not combining, add a little more flour and oil and blend a little more.
- Roll the falafel mixture into balls, put them on the lined baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for around 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl along with 5 tbsp cold water and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the falafel with the dressing and serve with grilled flatbreads.