Peanut Butter Swirled Vegan Brownies
Nothing beats a wickedly fudgey, chocolate brownie, particularly one swirled with peanut butter!
These vegan peanut butter swirl brownies are so dense and delicious with the perfect balance of sweetness, richness from the chocolate and salty peanut butter to top it all off.
- 227 227 g vegan margarine
- 265 265 g dark chocolate chips
- 2 2 flax eggs (1 flax egg= 1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp water, whisk and allow to thicken for a few minutes)
- 1 1 Tbsp fresh ground coffee
- 2 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 115 115 g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 115 115 g soft dark brown sugar
- 120 120 g plain white flour
- 2 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 240 240 g natural peanut butter
- Grease and line a 13×9″ pan and preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Slowly melt the chocolate and margarine together in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water being careful not to let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, allow to cool a little so the mix is closer to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has reached room temperature, fold in the flax eggs, coffee, vanilla and both the sugars. Next, fold in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Dollop in the peanut butter using a teaspoon and swirl through the top of the brownie mix using a skewer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until slighty underbaked, but firm. Allow to cool in the pan until completely cool before slicing.