Pumpkin season is officially here! So make the most of it with this creamy no-bake vegan pumpkin spice tart that is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
No-bake vegan pumpkin spice tart
- 200g walnuts
- 100g oats
- 4 Tbsp linseeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 200g coconut cream
- 40g of superfine cane sugar*
- 5 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- First, place the walnuts in your food processor and blend until the nuts are finely ground, between a flour and a nut butter.
- Then add the oats. Once those have been mixed, add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Press the dough evenly onto the base, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 1 hour
- Place the coconut cream or coconut milk into the fridge 4 to 6 hours before making the whipped-cream (when using coconut milk remember to get rid of the water left behind). Pop the whisk of your electric mixer in the freezer 10 minutes ahead of time. The colder the easier it will be to achieve a beautiful whipped cream!
- In a large bowl pour the coconut cream/milk along with 1 tbsp. of superfine cane sugar. Whisk for 30 seconds while gradually increasing the speed of your mixer.
- Incorporate the rest of the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, increasing the speed of your mixer gradually and this for 30 seconds each time. Proceed in the same way until there is no sugar left.
- Next, add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon and nutmeg powder. Whish until all ingredients are well combined into the coconut cream.
- Place in the fridge for one hour to set.
- Fill a pastry bag with the pumpkin filling and pipe the mixture onto the tart (you can also simply use a spoon for a more rustic look!).
*For best results grind the sugar into a spice grinder