The delicate, sweet and fruity cheesecake is the perfect vegan treat for a warm summer’s day. Made with fresh fruit & vegan-friendly ingredients, this vegan cheesecake is packed full of flavour & healthy ingredients.
No-bake strawberry cheesecake
Recipe by Hedi Heart ( www.hedihearts.com)
Serves: 10 slices | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Chill Time: 6 hours freeze & keep in the fridge
For the base:
- 1,5 cups mixed nuts (I used almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and cashews)
- 7 medjool dates, pitted from Buy Whole Foods Online
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder from Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 tbsp coconut oil from Buy Whole Foods Online
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 punnet strawberries (400g)
- 2 cups cashews nuts from Buy Whole Foods Online, soaked for 4 hours and drained
- 1 cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- Juice from 1 big lemon
Topping / Optional
- Optional: Melted raw chocolate ( I used Chocolateeha)
The day before: Soak the cashews overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- To make crust pop the nuts in a food processor or blender and blend until finely chopped.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until you get a sticky dough
- Tip the mixture in your cake tin and press down firmly; I used the bottom of a glass to press the crust down, and it worked perfectly.
- To make the cheesecake topping pop all filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Just let it run for a few minutes; the texture should be nice and creamy.
- Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more rice syrup if needed (I don’t like it too sweet)
- Next pour the filling on top of base and spread out until smooth.
- Pop in the freezer for minimum 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- If you want to make it even more fancy pour over some melted raw chocolate
- Once fully frozen you can refrigerate it and serve with fresh strawberries
- It will last for up to a week in the fridge
This article contains affiliate links.
This recipe was made in collaboration between Buy Whole Foods Online & Hedi Hearts