Beat this summer heat with this refreshingly healthy, but ever-so tasty, matcha coconut vegan ice-cream!
Matcha coconut vegan ice-cream
By BLOOM Teas (www.bloomtea.co.uk)
- 3 heaped Tbsp BLOOM Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 coconut (water and coconut meat)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup date paste (12 dates + 300ml water, blended)
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter (melted)
- ⅓ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender until the mixture is smooth. Taste for desirable sweetness.
- Pour the mixture into a glass dish with an air tight lid and place in the freezer for 8-10 hours.
- Leave out of the freezer for at least 10-15 minutes before serving so its soft enough to scoop into a dish.
- Serve with cocoa nibs, maple syrup, toasted nuts or fruit.
WIN a set of high-quality matcha teas from BLOOM Teas
BLOOM Teas is a multi-award winning luxury tea company founded in London by Craig Coulton, who felt the need to create a sophisticated tea brand that combined functional teas with a daily ‘Treatment Plan’, which would help busy and stressed individuals stay hydrated and nourished. Craig founded BLOOM Teas in 2010 following an illness caused by his own busy lifestyle draining his immune system. His recovery was naturally boosted by antioxidant- rich teas which led him to customise loose tea and matcha blends to suit his body’s changing needs throughout the day.