Who says sprouts are boring? These maple glazed Brussels sprouts with sweet potato mash would make the perfect side dish for your Christmas dinner!
Maple glazed Brussels sprouts with sweet potato mash
Recipe by Zhoro Apostolov (www.topfoodfacts.com)
- 300g Brussels sprouts
- 50g cashew nuts
- 5-6 small red birds eye chilies
- 1 big sweet potato
- salt, pepper
- 50 ml maple syrup
- 50 ml American style mustard
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces – boil them for about 20 minutes, rinse and mash.
- Season the mash with salt and black pepper – set aside.
- In a hot pan start by frying the halved brussel sprouts in vegetable oil.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- After 3 minutes you can add the hot peppers and the cashew nuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now you can add the maple syrup, mustard and soy sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve on top the sweet potato mash
This article contains affiliate links.
About the author
Cooking has always been Zhoro’s passion, and he has been working in the industry for almost 10 years. The last 5 years of his life, he’s spent in London. Now he is head chef in Golborne Deli, Notting Hill. www.topfoodfacts.com.