Who says sprouts are boring? These maple glazed Brussels sprouts with sweet potato mash would make the perfect side dish for your Christmas dinner!
- 300g Brussels sprouts
- 50g cashew nuts
- 5-6 small red birds eye chilies
- 1 big sweet potato
- salt, pepper
- 50 ml maple syrup
- 50 ml American style mustard
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces – boil them for about 20 minutes, rinse and mash.
- Season the mash with salt and black pepper – set aside.
- In a hot pan start by frying the halved brussel sprouts in vegetable oil.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- After 3 minutes you can add the hot peppers and the cashew nuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now you can add the maple syrup, mustard and soy sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve on top the sweet potato mash