Steamed layered jujube cake is a traditional delicacy enjoyed during Chinese New Year. The sweet fragrance of the jujube works beautifully with the creamy flavour of the coconut. This tasty dessert is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and perfect to share with friends and family. Also, it uses only natural ingredients and is easy to make!
Layered vegan jujube cake for Chinese New Year
- 200 grams pitted jujube fruit (available from www.abakusfoods.com)
- 400 ml hot water
- 40 grams maple syrup
- 180 grams tapioca flour
- 50 grams rice flour
- 120 grams coconut cream
- 80 grams hot water
- 10 grams maple syrup
- 80 grams tapioca flour
- 20 grams rice flour
- Soak the jujube fruit in a large bowl with 400 ml hot water for 20 min, then add all the other ingredients (maple syrup, tapioca flour, rice flour). Blend well and pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Prepare your coconut layer by adding all the coconut ingredients for the coconut layer, mix well, and pass through a sieve.
- Grease a steaming tray with oil
- Pour 1/2 of the jujube layer ingredients into the tray, steam for 10 minutes. Then pour all your coconut layer ingredients and steam for another 10 min. Pour the remaining jujube fruit layer on top, and steam the cake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the steamer and let it cool.
- Invert the pudding, cut into slices or squares.
- Serve cold or warm.
This article contains affiliate links.