This homemade vegan gnocchi is super tasty and simple to make. It’s perfect for a low budget meal that doesn’t lack in quality or taste!
Homemade vegan gnocchi
Recipe by Zhoro Apostolov
- 250g potatoes
- 125g flour
- 100g aubergines
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50g garden peas
- 100g fresh tomatoes
- 20g sun-dried tomatoes
- a sprinkle of pine nuts
- a sprig of fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt, black pepper to taste
- Peel and boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to mash (about 25-30 minutes – if you cut them into smaller pieces.)
- Mash the potato and leave to cool down before adding to a large bowl with the flour.
- Stir until the ingredients come together to form a dough.
- Knead the dough just like any type of dough and set aside for 1 hour so it becomes firmer so it is easier to work with.
- Roll the dough out into a long cylinder with a circumference roughly the size of your thumb. Cut the dough into 1 cm cubes roll each piece in flour to coat.With the fork, press gently each piece of gnocchi.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and cook the gnocchi for one minute.
For the sauce:
- Fry the cubed aubergines and garlic in vegetable oil in a pan.
- After 3 minutes, add the fresh tomatoes and the sun-dried tomatoes to the pan.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the garden peas.
- Season with a bit of black pepper, salt and add the fresh thyme.
- Turn the heat off and then add the cooked gnocchi before gently stirring them into the sauce
- Serve and sprinkle with some pine nuts for extra delicious flavour.