This homemade vegan gnocchi is super tasty and simple to make. It’s perfect for a low budget meal that doesn’t lack in quality or taste!
Homemade vegan gnocchi
Recipe by Zhoro Apostolov (www.topfoodfacts.com)
- 250g potatoes
- 125g flour
- 100g aubergines
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50g garden peas
- 100g fresh tomatoes
- 20g sun-dried tomatoes
- a sprinkle of pine nuts
- a sprig of fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt, black pepper to taste
- Peel and boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to mash (about 25-30 minutes – if you cut them into smaller pieces.)
- Mash the potato and leave to cool down before adding to a large bowl with the flour.
- Stir until the ingredients come together to form a dough.
- Knead the dough just like any type of dough and set aside for 1 hour so it becomes firmer so it is easier to work with.
- Roll the dough out into a long cylinder with a circumference roughly the size of your thumb. Cut the dough into 1 cm cubes roll each piece in flour to coat.With the fork, press gently each piece of gnocchi.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and cook the gnocchi for one minute.
For the sauce:
- Fry the cubed aubergines and garlic in vegetable oil in a pan.
- After 3 minutes, add the fresh tomatoes and the sun-dried tomatoes to the pan.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the garden peas.
- Season with a bit of black pepper, salt and add the fresh thyme.
- Turn the heat off and then add the cooked gnocchi before gently stirring them into the sauce
- Serve and sprinkle with some pine nuts for extra delicious flavour.
This article contains affiliate links.
About the author
Cooking has always been Zhoro’s passion, and he has been working in the industry for almost 10 years. The last 5 years of his life, he’s spent in London. Now he is head chef in Golborne Deli, Notting Hill.