Hemp & Pumpkin Seed Vegan Energy Bars
These Hemp and Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars are packed full of good stuff to fuel your day ahead. They are the perfect grab-and-go snacks.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
With a touch of sweetness and a satisfying crunch, these energising bars are packed with goodness. Make them with gluten-free oats and they’re totally gluten free!
These vegan energy bars can be stored for up to five days in an airtight container, making them perfect to meal-prep for the week ahead.
They make a great addition to lunchboxes or can provide a boost at breakfast time. Vegan energy bars are also great for an afternoon snack to beat that 3pm slump!
Are hemp seeds healthy?
Hemp seeds are full of nutrients. They’re rich in essential fatty acids (omega-6 and omega-3), and they’re a great source of protein.
They also contain gamma-linolenic acid, which is linked to many health benefits, including hormone balancing and reduction in the symptoms of PMS and menopause.
For those worried about consumption of cannabis products, hemp seeds contain only trace amounts of cannabinoids such as CBD and THC, and are generally recognised as safe for consumption.
What are the benefits of eating pumpkin seeds?
Pumpkin seeds are associated with a variety of health benefits. They’re high in antioxidants and are packed with nutrients like healthy fats, magnesium, and zinc.
Consumption of pumpkin seeds has been linked with improved heart health, maintenance of healthy bones, and protection against certain cancers.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 16.666666666667 16.666666666667 g soft dried apricots, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 8.3333333333333 8.3333333333333 g soft dried dates, soaked in hot wated for 10 minutes
- 16.666666666667 16.666666666667 ml coconut oil, melted
- 0.33333333333333 0.33333333333333 tbsp flax seeds
- 0.16666666666667 0.16666666666667 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 25 g gluten free oats
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp hemp seeds
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp ground almonds
- 0.33333333333333 0.33333333333333 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas 6 and lightly grease a 20x20cm tin with coconut oil.
- Place the melted coconut oil in a blender along with the drained apricots and dates, flax, and vanilla. Whizz until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a bowl and add the fruit paste. Mix together really well to combine.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and press down to compact it with the back of a spoon or your hands. Transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Leave to cool slightly before cutting into bars or squares.
Image Credit: Getty Images
Nutritional information per serving (97g): Calories 471, Fat 33g, Saturates 11g, Sugars 15g, Salt 0.06g
Get another energy boost with these Vegan Ojas Energy Balls!