Gluten-Free Vegan Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
Autumn comfort food doesn't get much better than this scrumptious gluten-free and vegan butternut squash mac and cheese!
- 0.25 0.25 butternut squash (roughly 750g)
- 2.5 2.5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 125 125 g gluten free macaroni pasta (others will work)
- 25 25 g grated vegan cheese
- 12.5 12.5 ml plant-milk (I used almond)
- 0.5 0.5 cup frozen peas
- 1 1 handfuls spinach
- Salt & pepper
- Carefully slice the butternut squash through the centre from top to bottom, remove the seeds and deeply score with a knife on the flesh side and stab holes into the skin side (this helps to speed up the cooking time) Place in the microwave for 12 minutes on high.
- Meanwhile, prepare the macaroni by cooking as per packet instructions. Add in the peas to boll with the pasta.
- Once the squash is ready simply scoop out the flesh into a blender and add the nutritional yeast, grated cheese, milk and 3 pinches of salt and pepper and blend until smooth
- Drain your pasta + peas and place back into the cooking pot. Pour in the sauce and 2 handfuls of spinach. Place on a medium heat stirring until the spinach wilts.
- Simply serve and top with extra cheese, parsley and pepper!
Created in a Panasonic NN-CS89 Combination Microwave