Festive vegan ‘turkey’ sandwich
A festive sandwich on Boxing Day is a traditional indulgence for many of us, so why not give this festive vegan jackfruit ‘turkey’ sandwich a try this year.
- For the jackfruit:
- 0.5 0.5 200g 200g BONSAN Shredded Jackfruit
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 0.25 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- For the sandwich:
- 0.5 0.5 baby gem lettuce
- 0.5 0.5 tomato sliced
- 0.5 0.5 avocado sliced or mashed
- 1 1 tbsp olive oil ghee
- 2 2 slices of brown/granary bread
- BONSAN Beetroot & Horseradish Pate
- Pour the olive into a pan until it sizzles, add the jackfruit, herbs, salt, sugar, and stir together well until the jackfruit is covered in the flavourings. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the butter onto the bread, followed by a generous helping on the beetroot pate, then the jackfruit, tomato, lettuce, and avocado – top with another slice of bread and enjoy.
This article contains affiliate links.