Rice pudding gets a festive vegan makeover with this warm and comforting Christmas spiced recipe.
Festive vegan rice pudding
By Amanda Hamilton, TV Nutritionist (www.amandahamilton.com)
- 180g (1 cup) Arborio rice
- 950ml (4 cups) vanilla soy milk or almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 70ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 75g (1/2 cup) raisins
- Cinnamon and nutmeg powder
- Rinse the rice, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, 3 cups milk, salt, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent rice from sticking and milk from boiling over.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup and continue cooking, stirring often and adding more milk if necessary, for about 30 minutes more or until the rice is cooked through and has absorbed most of the milk.
- Stir in raisins and remove cinnamon stick. Serve the rice pudding warm or cool, with cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkled on top.
This article contains affiliate links.