Festive Mac ‘n’ Cheese Balls with Mince & Cranberry
These tasty vegan mac ‘n’ cheese balls are crisp on the outside yet so soft and cheesy on the inside. An irresistible snack that’s perfect for Christmas party season!
Total Time: 45
Total Time: 45
- 0.03125 0.03125 pack Meatless Farm meat-free mince
- 0.0625 0.0625 Tbsp vegan butter
- 0.125 0.125 Tbsp plain flour
- 31.25 31.25 ml unsweetened soya milk, for the sauce, and extra for bread-crumbing the balls
- 0.125 0.125 large handfuls vegan cheese
- 0.0625 0.0625 large handful dried cranberries
- 6.25 6.25 g macaroni pasta
- 0.0625 0.0625 Tbsp English mustard
- 0.0625 0.0625 pack panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Cook the macaroni pasta to pack instructions and set to one side once cooked.
- Remove from the packaging and then fry the Meatless Farm mince in a non-stick pan with a small amount of vegetable oil until browned.
- In a separate non-stick pan, melt the margarine over a medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and stir with a silicone whisk to form a thick paste.
- Cook the paste for approx. 3 mins, stirring all the time. Add the soya milk sporadically, stirring in between and allowing to thicken, to create a thick roux.
- Once you have a thick white sauce, add in the cheese and mustard, stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Incorporate the cooked mince and pasta into the cheese mixture and then add the cranberries. Leave to cool.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into ping pong sized balls and chill in the fridge.
- Take 3 bowls and put 2 tbsp flour in the first, a splash of soya milk in the second, and panko bread crumbs in the third.
- Once the balls have chilled, roll them in the plain flour, then the milk, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2cm of vegetable oil in a high-sided pan to 180C. Carefully place the mac balls into the oil and shallow fry, turning often. Remove from the pan with tongs when golden brown, and place on kitchen roll.
- Serve with a cranberry dipping sauce.
This article contains affiliate links.